Enrolment into and attendance at in-person workshops with Kim Herringe at The Studio is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- General Terms and Conditions
- Workshop Confirmation and Payment
- Workshop Cancellations and Refunds
- Moving to a Different Workshop
- Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
- Private Tuition Terms and Conditions
- Private Group Workshop Terms and Conditions
- Additional Information
- Workshop numbers are kept small to maximise my attention with you while you are learning new processes and techniques. There is a maximum and minimum number of students per class. Book early to secure your place. If the minimum number of students is not achieved within 1 week of the workshop date, the workshop may be cancelled.
- During all workshops I will request permission to take photographs of classes for use in my website and social media for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, that’s no problem at all, please let me know at the time.
- An email is sent to workshop participants 1-2 weeks before each workshop date. That email confirms workshop date and time and The Studio address. The email also includes a link to specific information important to that workshop. It will be assumed that the student has read that email prior to workshop attendance, and contacted Kim Herringe if anything is unclear regarding inclusions and expectations.
- You will be emailed an invoice within 1-2 days of sending your Booking Enquiry
- Full payment is required to secure your booking.
- Payment can be made via PayPal or direct deposit.
Note: any refund issued against a payment made via PayPal will be issued minus the PayPal transaction fee.
- Progress payments are available with prior arrangement. If you wish to make progress payments, a non-refundable deposit will be requested, and payment timing agreed.
Cancellations by Students:
- Cancellations made 4 or more weeks prior to a booked workshop date will receive a full refund*.
- Cancellations made 2-4 weeks prior to a booked workshop date will be refunded 50% of the full workshop cost*.
- Cancellations made within 2 weeks of a booked workshop date will not receive a refund.
– where possible, every effort is made to fill your place with a student on the workshop wait list. If this is possible, I can then refund your workshop fee* or keep your workshop fee in credit for up to 12 months so you can attend a future workshop. If the credit is not used within 12 months, it is forfeited.
- *If a workshop was paid via PayPal, the PayPal transaction fee is non-refundable.
Cancellation by me:
- A workshop may be cancelled by me due to insufficient student numbers or unforeseen circumstances (eg illness or global pandemic^). In this event, you will be offered a full refund or option to reschedule.
- ^In the event that government restrictions force the cancellation or postponement of workshops, as they did in the first half of 2020 with COVID19, students will be offered the option of a refund or their fees held in credit for when workshops are able to resume again.
If you have already booked in to a workshop but find that you want to change workshops or move to a different workshop date, you can request to change as per the following terms:
- Change requests made 4 or more weeks prior to your booked workshop date – you can move to an available place in your workshop of choice.
- If there is no available place in a scheduled workshop, your workshop fee can be held in credit for up to 12 months from the date you requested to change your workshop.
- All workshop bookings are subject to availability, and if you have not undertaken a workshop within that 12 month period, you will forfeit your initial paid workshop fee.
- Change requests made within 4 weeks of your booked workshop date – if I can fill your initial booked workshop place with someone on that workshop’s wait list, you can move to an available place in your workshop of choice subject to the same terms above. If I am unable to fill your space in the original booked workshop, a cancellation fee may apply.
- If you opt to change workshops, not just workshop dates, and if the new workshop fee is greater than the original booked workshop, you will be required to pay the difference in workshop fees. If the new workshop fee is less than the original booking, you will be refunded the difference.
- If you have changed your booking to a new workshop/workshop date, that booking is no longer subject to the above Cancellation terms and immediately becomes non-refundable.
- Please note: you may only request to change your booked workshop/workshop date once. If you request to change your booking a second time, it may not be possible to book you in to another workshop option and you may forfeit your workshop fee.
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed against any workshop up to the value stated on the voucher.
- Gift voucher workshop bookings are subject to availability and workshop booking terms and conditions as noted in numbers 1-4 above. In addition, if you have booked a workshop with a gift voucher, and cancel within 2 weeks of the workshop date, you will forfeit your voucher unless a replacement student can be found.
- If value the value of the workshop you wish to attend is less than the stated value on the voucher, no payment for the difference is given.
- No refunds are given for Gift Voucher purchases.
- Gift Vouchers are valid until the “valid until” date noted on the voucher.
- Gift Vouchers are transferable to another person with the written consent of the person the gift voucher was initially issued to.
- If someone is booked into a workshop using a gift voucher, and that workshop is cancelled by me due to insufficient student numbers or unforeseen circumstances (eg illness or global pandemic^), the student will be able to transfer to another workshop within the validity period of the voucher.
- No refund is given if the voucher is not used within the voucher validity period.
- Expectations regarding outcomes from a private tuition session will be discussed by email or phone, and agreed, before the session is confirmed and invoiced.
- Full payment is required to secure your booking.
- Cancellations by Students:
- Cancellations made more than 1 week before the booked private tuition session will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made within 1 week of a booked private tuition will not receive a refund.
- Cancellation by me:
- A private tuition session may be cancelled by me due to unforeseen circumstances (eg illness or global pandemic*). In this event, you will be offered a full refund or option to reschedule.
- Expectations regarding outcomes of a private group workshop will be discussed with the group coordinator by email or phone, and agreed, before the workshop is confirmed and invoiced.
- Unless agreed otherwise, Kim Herringe will liaise with one person only representing the group, the Group Coordinator.
- Once the workshop cost has been agreed, the workshop cost is fixed:
- If a group attendee is unable to attend, this will not reduce the workshop cost, and no refund will be given for that attendee.
- If an attendee is added, an additional materials fee may be applied to the invoice.
- Full payment is required to secure your booking:
- One invoice for the total workshop and materials fee will be issued to the Group Coordinator for payment.
- Individual invoices for individuals attending the workshop will NOT be issued.
- Student/Group management:
- The Group Coordinator is responsible for coordination and management of group attendees
- Cancellations by Group Coordinator:
- Cancellations made more than 1 week before the booked private group workshop will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made within 1 week of a booked private group workshop will not receive a refund.
- Cancellation by me:
- A private group workshop may be cancelled by me due to unforeseen circumstances (eg illness or global pandemic^). In this event, you will be offered a full refund or option to reschedule.
No responsibility will be taken for any personal property left at the facility; nor liability for any personal injury, unless caused through negligence on the part of your tutor.
All information is correct at the time of publishing this page however I reserve the right to update or modify details should the need arise.
If at any time you have concerns or questions about these conditions, please contact me.