School Group Printmaking Workshops
$330 short workshop – 1-2 hours
$550 per half day – 2-3 hours
$880 per full day – 3-6 hours
Additional costs may apply for materials and travel. Please refer to the information below for more details.
I am passionate about printmaking and love to share my skills.
Many teachers and retired teachers have attended my in-person workshops, run from my studio in Maleny. In 2019 I delivered my first workshop to Year 11 Visual Art students as part of the new Senior Syllabus, and have continued to run several each year ranging in time from 1 hour to a full school day in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.
I have a current Blue Card. A copy can be emailed on request.
Keep scrolling for more information, or click here to make an enquiry online now.
There are several different printmaking and related processes I can share with school groups. The links in the list below will take you to the public small-group workshop I run from my own studio. They can be adapted to a school environment, subject to availability of school resources:
- Gelatin Plate Monoprinting
- Linocut 101 and Reduction Linocut
- Simply Folded Artist Books
- Non-toxic aluminium plate etching (press access required)
- Embossing on paper (press access preferable but not required)
- Collagraphs and cutouts (press access preferable but not required)
It is possible that workshop content can be tailored to your specific requirements, or I can deliver a workshop along the same lines as I would in my own studio environment. This will be discussed and confirmed before finalising a booking.
As a general rule I do not supply materials for school groups. I do provide all materials for my adult in-person workshop, but they are all artist quality materials, not suitable for a school environment.
A detailed supply list for materials needed for each workshop can be provided.
Material requirements can be discussed and confirmed before finalising a booking.
- GEL PLATE MONOPRINTING – if your school does not already have a supply of gel plates, you can purchase commercial plates or make your own. Some school art supply sellers sell Gel Press gel plate school kits. I also have a DIY recipe so you can make your own collection of plates for your school group. Click here to read about gelatin plate monoprinting in high schools.
- CYANOTYPE – I can supply pre-prepared papers for students to work with during the workshop. An additional fee may apply to cover the time to coat the papers and relevant material costs.
My home base is Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Costs to cover travel expenses are charged in addition to the above fee. As a guide, these costs are:
- within the Sunshine Coast area – $0
- to and from Gympie – $120
- to and from Brisbane – $100-$220
- to and from the Gold Coast – $220-$280
- to and from other locations – please enquire
Workshops that run for 2 or more days may require additional costs to cover accommodation and travel.
Please contact me directly to enquire about availability, workshop options and discuss what it is that you want covered in your school group workshop.
Full payment is required to secure your booking.
Payment of your workshop invoice assumes full acceptance of Workshop Term and Conditions.
Below is a selection of photos from school group workshops. The first photo collection is from two short workshops I ran at QATACon 2022 – Gel Plate Monoprinting and Simply Folded Artist Books. Click here to see more school group workshop photos.
QATACON22, Brisbane - Qld Art Teachers Association Conference 2022
Gel Plate Monoprinting and Simply Folded Artist Books participant feedback: “Amazing!!” —- “Kym ran a very professional workshop with excellent resources” —- “Excellent workshop, engaging and relevant to practise, extremely well organised and appropriate combination of explanation and practise.”